Friday, June 21, 2024

Before Australia: Maverick

The Framed Us, also called Frames(which sounds similar to Friends), is my latest short film for the Film Acting class.


This production will also be announced and discussed in my future script class in Australia.

People changing their positions and pursuing dreams at my age can be considered as Mavericks.

In my life until now, I can think of several cases of being a Maverick that I respect from my close friends. 

First of all, Wu Shang Ren(尚任), an elementary school teacher who enjoys filmmaking, ultimately studied film production at the National Taiwan University of Arts and earned his certificate.

Wu's first production, 'Baseball Love Glove,' was created with several passionate friends, including me.

Secondly, Lee Ching Yuan(慶源), a former software engineer, decided to become a Systema coach, a type of Russian martial art, after leaving his first job despite not having a strong financial background.

This is a record of Lee teaching children Systema for the first time.

The last person is Huang Jiun Yu (俊裕), a former software engineer who boldly transitioned to become an entrepreneur selling camera equipment, and he supports me in creating short films.

This is the promotional video we created together for the first time.

Dare to Dream is a simple phrase to describe them, but it is full of challenges to achieve from the beginning.

No matter what others think of us, knowing who we are and why we are here is what defines a Maverick and encourages me to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Month 2: The Happiest International Student in Melbourne

My documentary assignment, The Happiest Tram Driver: Extra Time, is in production during these two months.  Therefore, in August, we were ve...